The City's winter road maintenance consists of plowing, windrowing, sanding, and hauling snow from priority 1, 2, and 3 roads.
The City also contracts private crews to complete residential snow clearing when a significant snowfall occurs, or snow accumulates.
Read this year's snow clearing brochure for more details!
Our Snow Fleet Has:
- 6 Tandem salt/sand trucks with front plow
- 1 single axle plow truck with front plow
- 1 1-ton sander with front plow
- 1 tandem plow truck with front/wing plow
- 6 tandem trucks (city-owned)
- 6 end dump trucks (contracted)
- 1 snowblower for windrow pick-up (plus 1 back-up unit)
- 6 graders
- 5 front end loaders with angle blade plow
- 1 front end loader with a bucket for use in salt and sand yards
- 2 rubber-tired backhoes
- 1 municipal tractor
- 1 skid steer
- 1 tool-cat
- Sand and salt is stored at the City Service Centre.
- Snow is disposed of at the City snow dump site on Park Road. This dump is for City use only.