The role of the Board is to manage and control the City of Grande Prairie Library and organizes, promotes and maintains comprehensive and efficient library services in the City.
The Board shall consist of ten (10) members appointed by Council, eight (8) Public Members, one (1) City Councillor and one (1) member from the County of Grande Prairie.
Public Member positions are held for a term of three years. Members are eligible for reappointment to a maximum of three consecutive terms.
Meetings are held monthly with a minimum of ten (10) meetings held each year.
NIL. This is a volunteer position.
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Knowledge and skills in the areas of policy and program development, personnel management, finance and budget preparation or advocacy
- Knowledge or skills in fundraising
- Board or Committee member experience and parliamentary procedure
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to speak in public and communicate effectively
- Passion for literacy
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, committed and enthusiastic
- Board Beginner Information
How to Apply
The deadline has now passed. The application process will open in Fall 2024 for positions available in January 2025.
For further information
Contact the Council Committee Coordinator at 780-357-8747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.