Event Calendar Community Group Submission Criteria
- Community/sport partners and non-profit organizations in good standing may submit an event for posting.
- Events must be located within the City of Grande Prairie or within a 10-minute drive from the City’s border.
- Events must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the start of the event.
- To be eligible for posting, events must:
- Be in receipt of all applicable, permits, licenses, insurance and authorizations;
- include a celebration of peoples, culture, history, holidays, education, sport or the environment;
- be open to the public without discrimination (with the exception of age barriers for adult events);
- be relatively low barrier for entry (ie. low cost, physically accessible);
- not promote a specific religious or political belief or candidate; AND
- comply with all applicable laws.
- Events submitted for posting containing any of the following shall not be approved for posting:
- Profane language or content;
- content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on a basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- sexual content or links to sexual content;
- direct solicitation of commerce (i.e. yard sales, special discount sales, etc.);
- conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party; OR
- content that violates any applicable law.
- Posting an event does not imply endorsement by the City of Grande Prairie ("the City").
- The City will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, theft, cost or other expense associated with any posting or events.
- The City reserves the right to edit a message or category for grammar and clarity.
- The City reserves the right to deny or remove submissions at any time at its sole discretion.
- The City reserves the right to revise the calendar criteria at any time.
- The City makes no representation or warranties regarding postings or events, or the safety or security or any person or any property at any event.
Submit an Event
To submit a community event to the City's event calendar, please complete a Community Event Calendar Submission Form.