Public consultation for the Police Service Model Review consisted of stakeholder interviews with 19 internal and external parties, an online survey with 758 responses, and two in-person consultation sessions with approximately 88 attendees, focus groups, and presentations.
Key themes from the public consultation include:
- Current police are viewed as a net positive
- Policing needs to meet the needs of equity deserving groups
- RCMP are sometimes perceived to be bureaucratic
- General desire for a localized approach to policing
- Policing needs to better understand and incorporate the effect of social factors into their operations