The City of Grande Prairie's Complaint Adjudication Committee was established to function as an Ad-hoc Committee of Council and is guided by the Boards and Committees Bylaw C-1422.
The role of the Committee is to review complaints of breach of conduct under the Council Code of Conduct Bylaw. The Committee has the authority to appoint an independent third party adjudicator and/or an independent third party investigator if the Committee determines that either is required to investigate a complaint. The Committee will act under the direction and advice of the City Clerk and the Legal Services Department.
Membership will consist of 3 members of the Public appointed by Council.
Members shall hold a term for three (3) years and may be re-appointed for a consecutive term of up to three (3) years as determined by Council.
Meetings are scheduled upon receipt of complaints.
Members may claim a per diem rate of pay for meetings attended at a rate of $200.00 for each full day (at least 4 hours) and $100.00 for each half day (at least 2 hours).
Skills, abilities, and experience
Members should have or be willing to learn and develop the following skills, abilities and experience:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to commit time to attend meetings during the workday as required
- Familiarity with local government and the roles and responsibilities of a Council
- Understanding of current municipal legislation
- Skill in research analysis and investigation
- Experience in business, management, government or community organizations
How to Apply
The deadline has now passed. The application process will open in Fall 2024 for positions available in January 2025.
For further information
Contact the Council Committee Coordinator at 780-357-8747 or email@example.com