Other City Accounts
Bonnetts Energy Centre
GP Youth Council
Grande Prairie Museum
Invest Grande Prairie
Recreation and Sport
South Bear Creek
The following information outlines participant guidelines concerning the City of Grande Prairie’s social media channels. We aim to create helpful and informative content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Linkedlin. These channels are intended to serve as a source of factual information, a means to distribute official City announcements and a platform for respectful exchange of feedback and ideas when requested.
To ensure participants can be confident that the information they are reading is accurate, the City reserves the right to hide or delete public posts that may contain the following:
- Comments not relevant to the particular posting by the City's social media administrator.
- Slanderous or derogatory remarks, obscenities, profane language or sexual content.
- Violent, obscene, profane, hateful, threatening or racist posts, links, or images.
- Promotion of commercial services or products other than sponsors, affiliations, or business partnerships.
- Comments promoting or opposing, any person campaigning for election to a political office.
- Comments that are rude or threatening towards individual staff or members of Council.
- Promotion of illegal activity.
- Spam or irrelevant third-party links.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Comments that are based on or seek to spread inaccurate information or conclusions.
- Comments that are provided by anonymous persons.
Participants who repeatedly and/or purposefully post comments that disregard these guidelines may be prevented from accessing the City’s social media pages at the discretion of the City of Grande Prairie’s social media administrators.
Moderation of public comments
The role of the City’s social media administrator(s) is to answer questions, clarify information, direct individuals to appropriate resources and moderate comments in accordance with the intent of the channel. Please note: while the administrators try to respond to comments, they are not able to reply to or moderate every post. As such, public posts on the City’s social media channels should not be considered as true or supported by the City of Grande Prairie.
Social Media hours of operation
The City’s social media administrators strive to respond to all posts and messages in a timely manner. Channels are monitored and posts are responded to during regular business hours of 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday and occasionally outside of business hours.
Please email questions concerning the City of Grande Prairie’s social media activity or its Social Media Guidelines to firstname.lastname@example.org