We are starting to build our future, which begins with recruiting the best candidates to join Alberta’s newest municipal police service.
We are looking for individuals that can help us elevate ourselves to provide high quality policing response to support the vibrant and growing community of Grande Prairie. Our aspirations are high, our dedication to service is strong, and our vision is clear.
Do you want to be part of building our community? Are you thinking about starting a new opportunity in your life? If so, we want to hear from you and learn how you can play an important role in the success of the Grande Prairie Police Service.
Stay tuned for future updates on recruitment opportunities.
Here’s what to expect for the process of applying to be part of the Grande Prairie Police Service:
- Stage 1: Application Package
- Application, Personal Disclosure Form, Criteria for Hiring
- Stage 2: Pre-Interview Assessment
- APCAT (Alberta Police Cognitive Ability Test), ACT (Alberta Communication Test), A-PREP (Alberta Physical Readiness Evaluation for Police Officer Applicants)
- Stage 3: Competency Specific Testing
- Personal disclosure interview, behavioural descriptive interview
- Stage 4: Integrity and Psychometric Testing
- Computer voice stress analysis, MMPI-2 – MCM-III – 16PF
- Stage 5: Background- Security Investigation
- Enhanced Security Investigation, Home Visits, Fingerprints, Reference Checks
- Stage 6: Selection-Hiring Decision
- Selection and conditional offer of employment
- Stage 7: Pre-employment medical
- Occupational Health & Safety, pre-employment medical