As a Board or Committee representative, you will assist in municipal operations through research and decision making on current issues.
Bylaw C-801 Downtown Business Revitalization Zone (BRZ)
The purpose of the Downtown BIA is to improve, beautify and maintain municipality owned lands, buildings and structures in the area as well as promote the area as a business or shopping area and conduct any studies or prepare any designs that may be necessary for the purpose of this section.
The Committee will consist of nine (9) members appointed by resolution of Council and one (1) Council member.
Members will serve for a term of up to three years with provision for renewal for an additional 3 year term.
The Committee will approve a regular meeting schedule. The Committee Chair may call meetings outside of the regular schedule at their discretion.
NIL. This is a volunteer position.
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Prior Board or Committee member experience and/or knowledge of governance best practices;
- Leadership experience in Community/Government organizations;
- Financial management literacy/expertise;
- Knowledge/Experience of public relations and networking;
- Knowledge/Experience in strategic planning, including change management and integration;
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, committed and enthusiastic.
For further information
Please contact the Legislative Services Department at 780-357-8747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org