The Combative Sports Commission was established to control and regulate Combative Sports Events in accordance with the Combative Sports Commission Bylaw C-1173A.
The Commission shall control and regulate all Combative Sports Events.
- 1 Councillors appointed by Council
- The Mayor, ex officio
- 2 members from City Administration
- 7 members of the Public appointed by Council
- 1 member from the County of Grande Prairie
The Chairman and Vice-Chairman will be elected each year at the first meeting of the Commission held after the annual organizational meeting of Council.
Members will be appointed for three years, with consideration for appointment to a maximum of two consecutive terms.
Meetings will be held quarterly and may meet more frequently, as required.
NIL. This is a volunteer position.
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to commit time to attend meetings during the workday
- Skill in research and analysis
- Knowledgeable and Passionate about Combative Sports
- Experience in business, management, government or community organizations
How to Apply
There are currently no vacancies. Applications will open in Fall 2024 for Public Member positions available in 2025.
For further information
Contact the Council Committee Coordinator at 780-357-8747 or email email@example.com