Transit is on the move this year to better connect you around Grande Prairie.
We introduced newly redesigned routes and schedules on August 6, 2022 to enhance connectivity and provide improved service within the City.
Please note, adjustments are being made to the Rider's Guide effective Saturday, November 26, 2022. View the updated Rider's Guide here or below to start trip planning.
About the redesign
The new system features three types of service delivery:
- Conventional fixed route utilizing larger buses
- Conventional fixed route utilizing smaller Community Shuttle buses
- On-demand service-using smaller buses connecting people from a bus stop to a transit hub
All areas and stops currently served by transit will continue to be served by one of the three above noted services.
Highlights of the new system include:
- All routes will meet/transfer downtown at the Towne Centre Mall
- Service to the Grande Prairie Regional Hospital
- Three routes travelling between downtown and the Eastlink Centre
- Two-way service along 100 St. between downtown and Prairie Mall
- Two-way service along 104 Ave. linking downtown, NWPT or Northwest Polytechnic and Westgate area
- A new “Shoppers Shuttle” route connecting all of the shopping areas between downtown and the Westgate area with 30 minute service all day
- On-Demand Service to be implemented in the following areas:
- Signature Falls
- Countryside North
- O’Brien Lake
- Crystal Landing
- Richmond Industrial Park South
- Trader Ridge
- Crystal Ridge
Learn more about the On-Demand option here.
Our goal with the re-design is to:
- Provide enhanced service to key destinations
- Provide routes and service options that are more direct and easier to understand
- Reduce travel time
- Increase ridership
The City looks forward to this new development to keep you connected to our growing City.