The Assessment Review Board hears and deals with complaints about Assessment or Taxes that have been received by the City under the Municipal Government Act.
The Committee will consist of three (3) Public Members appointed by resolution of Council and three (3) Council members.
Three (3) appointments required for terms not exceeding three (3) years. Members are eligible for reappointment to a maximum of six (6) consecutive years of service.
Meeting times vary greatly depending on the number of appeals received.
As outlined in Bylaw C-1249.
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Experience or understanding of the basic principles of administrative law and the rules of natural justice;
- Knowledge of the process of property assessment;
- Analytical Skills;
- Ability to weigh evidence, determine facts and make decisions;
- ability to be fair and impartial;
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, committed and enthusiastic.
- MANDATORY Assessment Review Board Training - as prescribed by the Government of Alberta (Minister), prior to participating in a Board hearing.
How to Apply
The deadline has now passed. Applications will open in Fall 2024 for Public Member positions available in January 2025.
For further information
Contact the Council Committee Coordinator at 780-357-8747 or email email@example.com