Serve Your Community - Become a Member of the Subdivision & Development Appeal Board
The City of Grande Prairie invites you to serve on the Subdivision & Development Appeal Board. There will be 2 vacancies as of January 1, 2023. For an application form please click here.
The Subdivision and Development Appeal Board is established by Bylaw C-1444.
The Board hears and decides appeals:
- Of the Subdivision Authority, and
- Where the Development Authority of the City:
- refuses to issue a development permit to a person;
- issues a development permit subject to conditions, or
- issues an order under Section 645 of the Municipal Government Act.
- 5 members of the Public appointed by Council
- 3 Council members
Appointments are required for terms not exceeding three (3) years. Members are eligible for reappointment to a maximum of six (6) consecutive years of service.
Meetings are scheduled upon receipt of appeals (approximately 8 - 10 hearings annually).
Remuneration for the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board can be claimed as per Bylaw C-1444.
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Experience or understanding of the principles of administrative law;
- Understanding of the planning process and legislation;
- Ability to analyze, weigh evidence, determine facts and make decisions;
- Ability to be fair and impartial;
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work within a team environment;
- Ability to read blueprints;
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, committed and enthusiastic.
How to Apply
Please click here for an application form. Your application can be submitted via email to email@example.com or in person at City Hall, 10205 - 98 Street, Attn: Council Committee Coordinator.
For further information
Contact the Council Committee Coordinator at 780-357-8747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.