The Subdivision and Development Appeal Board is established by Bylaw C-1444.
The Board hears and decides appeals:
- Of the Subdivision Authority; and
- Where the Development Authority of the City:
- Refuses to issue a development permit to a person;
- Issues a development permit subject to conditions, or
- Issues an order under Section 645 of the Municipal Government Act.
- 5 members of the Public appointed by Council
- 3 Council members
Appointments are required for terms not exceeding three (3) years. Members are eligible for reappointment to a maximum of six (6) consecutive years of service.
Meetings are scheduled upon receipt of appeals (approximately 8 - 10 hearings annually).
Remuneration for the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board can be claimed as per Bylaw C-1444.
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Experience or understanding of the principles of administrative law;
- Understanding of the planning process and legislation;
- Ability to analyze, weigh evidence, determine facts and make decisions;
- Ability to be fair and impartial;
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work within a team environment;
- Ability to read blueprints;
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, committed and enthusiastic.
How to Apply
The deadline has now passed. The application process will open in Fall 2024 for positions available in January 2025.
For further information
Contact the Council Committee Coordinator at 780-357-8747 or email email@example.com.