Rubberized surfaces and other features allow for wheelchair movement and inclusive play.
- Avondale Park (113 Ave & 102 B Street): Wheelchair ramp onto structure, ground level play features (multiple), and lower level transfer platforms. Artificial turf surface.
- Muskoseepi Playground: Wheelchair ramp onto structure, ground level play features (multiple), and lower level transfer platforms. Rubber matting surface.
- J.C. Mackie Park (111 Street & 106 Ave): Ground level play features, lower level transfer platforms and accessible swings that lock into place. Rubber matting surface.
Dog Parks and Neighbourhood Off-Leash Areas
- Neighbourhood Off-Leash Areas: Located in Crystal Ridge (Lakeland) and Royal Oaks, these are designated green space areas that residents can take their dog to be off-leash. There are litter receptacles and dog waste bag dispensers provided for public use.
As these areas are not fully fenced, residents are asked to ensure their dogs remain safely in the area at all times while off-leash.
- Fully Fenced Dog Park: The City of Grande Prairie currently has two fully fenced dog parks in South Bear Creek Park, this area is a mix of treed and open spaces. The park is divided into two sections, one for small dogs, and an area for dogs of all sizes. Benches, dog waste bag dispensers and trash receptacles are provided.