- The benefactor of the festival should be a community group that is involved in the community year-round.
- Applicants for festival grants must be located within the community. Preference will be given to those applicants who work in partnership with other groups/organizations to organize the event.
- The annual festival fund may be allocated to existing and newly proposed festival applications.
- The group/organization must supply a budget specifying the uses of the grant and the period for which the grant is requested. Groups without a previous financial statement may not be considered.
- Festival grants will be supplemental in nature and not form the basis for hosting the event.
- No single grant will exceed 50% of the applicant's budget up to a maximum of $14,000.00 per grant.
- All funding received must be used for the sole purpose identified in the application
- Festival grants will be considered for non-profit groups/societies provided they have demonstrated organizational ability and good financial management, are operating year round and have been in existence for three (3) or more years. Recently formed organizations (less than 3 years in existence) will be considered but must come under the umbrella of an existing registered, not for profit organization meeting these requirements to be eligible.
- Applicants must demonstrate that a variety of activities or performances are planned.
- The festival (including ethnic festivals) must be open to the public.
- The festival must be publicized both locally and regionally.
- The determination of successful applicants will be based on the Committee’s evaluation of the entertainment value of the event, the cultural /artistic benefit to the community, and its ability to attract visitors to the area.
- Incomplete applications may not be considered.
How to Apply
An application form has been developed in order to clarify the process and to help ensure that all applications are complete in accordance with established criteria.
- Completed Application Form
- Your organization/group’s detailed budget for the event
- A current financial statement
- A list of your board of directors
Deadline for Submissions
Festival Funding applications will be considered twice a year as funds allow. The deadline for receipt of funding applications is the first business day after January 1st and on August 1st. Applicants will be notified following the Committee’s decision. The Committee's decisions will be final; grants could be conditional.
- For funds awarded over $5,000.00, an accountability report is required within ninety (90) days of the completion of the event.
- Unexpended funds must be returned to the fund for redistribution by that deadline.
- The accountability report is to include a financial report showing overall actual expenditures and disposition of the grant along with an evaluation of the program in relation to its original objectives.
- Please note that failure to provide accountability information may jeopardize the opportunity for any further funding.
For more information, please contact
Sports Development, Wellness and Culture, City of Grande Prairie
PO Bag 4000 Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6V3