Development Permit - Major - Change of Use

Development Permit - Major - Change of Use

This permit application package is used if your development/business is moving into an existing structure.  Please contact a Commercial Development Officer to determine if you need to complete a Change of Use Permit at 780-538-0325.

Fees and Timelines:  The fee for a change of use is either $400.00 if the change is to a permitted use, or $800.00 if the change is to a discretionary use.  Change of use to a discretionary use will take several weeks to process.

Submission Information:  Please see the submission information on the first page of the application form.  Applications may be submitted electronically to  You may submit in person by coming to our front counter at 9505 - 112 Street between 8:30 and 4:30, Monday to Friday.

Questions:  Please contact us at 780-538-0325 or 

Also Known as:  Change of Use, Development Permit

Department: Planning and Development
Category: Building, Development and Construction