(Grande Prairie, Alta. – November 16, 2023) The City of Grande Prairie reminds the community that the deadline to apply for public member positions on City boards and committees is November 24, 2023.
One week remains in the recruitment window and residents are encouraged to submit applications now.
“Sitting on a board or committee is a great way to create a long-lasting impact and build Grande Prairie for years to come,” said Grande Prairie Mayor, Jackie Clayton. “Any resident thinking about applying should look into the variety of opportunities available for all levels of experience and apply today.”
Boards, committees and commissions provide support to the City of Grande Prairie in specific areas by reviewing material, weighing alternatives, and making recommendations to Council.
The available positions start in 2024 and include seats on a variety of boards and committees:
- Assessment Review Board – 5 positions
- Community Advisory Committee – 8 positions
- Complaint Adjudication Committee – 2 positions
- Council Remuneration Review Committee – 4 positions
- Economic Development Strategic Planning & Advisory Committee – 1 Position
- Grande Prairie Airport Commission – 3 positions
- Grande Prairie Public Library Board – 2 positions
- Subdivision & Development Appeal Board – 5 positions
Details about each board and committee are available on the Boards & Committees page on cityofgp.com. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and meet the skills, abilities and experience requirements for the position they are applying to.
The City thanks all interested applicants for their willingness to volunteer their time and expertise to support in building a strong, connected Grande Prairie with a high quality of life for all residents.
Residents may contact Legislative Services at 780-357-8747 with any questions about the application process and positions.