The City of Grande Prairie is hosting Family Day, presented by New Horizon Co-op, with free activities on Sunday, February 19 at the Eastlink Centre and Design Works Centre.
“We’re thrilled to be partnered with New Horizon Co-op for our annual Family Day event at the Community Knowledge Campus,” says Mayor Jackie Clayton. “This day of free events aims to celebrate all families in our community by incorporating a mix of free activities that are culturally significant, age-inclusive and accessible.”
“New Horizon Co-op has been serving the Peace Region for 85 years. We are committed to having a positive impact within the communities we serve. Family Day is one of many community events we are proud to sponsor and support.” says Laurie Gronhovd, General Manager of New Horizon Co-op.
The event features Family Day favourites and various new activities including:
- All day free facility access (inclusive of the fitness centre, aquatics, squash and racquetball courts, concourse and fieldhouse activities)
- Family fitness challenge
- Pow wow demonstrations and interactive participation from Traditional Paths
- Cookie decorating and crafts
- Track obstacle course
- Circus Centre
- NWES eSport Game Lounge in the Legend’s Lounge at Design Works Centre
- Senior’s snack and chat
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. in two-hour time slots
- Skating and rentals (first-come, first-served per rental availability)
- 2 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
All Family Day activities are free and primarily take place at between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Free facility access and the family fitness challenge are available all day, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., on February 19.
A detailed schedule, full information and updates are available at cityofgp.com/events.