Arts & Culture Scholarships
The purpose of this scholarship is to
- Support and encourage the development of local artists and groups involved in the arts.
- Support programs/projects which foster and promote the enjoyment of visual, literary and performing arts by local artists and groups that contribute to the cultural fabric of the community (e.g. exhibitions, displays, preservation of art).
- Provide scholarships to developing artists to assist in taking them to the next level of development, expression or performance.
- Consider unique opportunities for local capital development.
Apply for the Arts & Culture Scholarships
Applications will be considered every year as funds allow. The deadline for receipt of funding applications is March 1st and October 1st of each year.
Individual Arts Development Scholarships can be applied for each year the applicant is in school. Applicants will be notified following the committee’s decision. The committee’s decisions will be final; grants could be conditional. Applicants are advised that if successful here, their request will not be considered under any other grant process administered by the City.
An application form has been developed in order to clarify the process and to help ensure that all applications are complete in accordance with established criteria.
March 1st and October 1st of each year as funds allow. Any funds not allocated on the first deadline will be available for the second. Applications must be received on or before the application deadline or they cannot be considered.
- One application is required per individual.
- A current resume/portfolio must be included with the application.
- The individual must be based in the community or immediate area.
- The individual must have demonstrated a level of achievement in their chosen field of study.
- The applicant must demonstrate how they will attain the next level of artistic development.
- Arts Development Scholarships may be applied for each year the applicant is in school.
- No single grant will exceed 20% ($1,400.00) of the entire yearly Scholarship Fund budget.
- Wherever possible, recipients are requested to acknowledge funding received from the City of Grande Prairie Arts Development fund in related advertising or promotional materials.
- All applications are to be submitted as electronic attachments and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed application form
- Minimum of two letters that attest to your artistic ability (include contact information)
- An example of your work (i.e. excerpt of writing, sound recording, slides, images, portfolio, etc.)
- Current Resume
Reports are not required from Scholarship Recipients.
For further information, please contact
Sports Development, Wellness and Culture, City of Grande Prairie
PO Bag 4000 Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6V3