Barricade a Public Right-of-Way

Barricade a Public Right-of-Way


If you are blocking pedestrian traffic on sidewalks or vehicular roads in the city, you first need to obtain approval to do so.


  • Proof of two-million-dollar liability insurance coverage must be provided before the Permit Request Form is approved.
  • You also need to include a map of the affected area indicating the location of barricades and signage. 
  • The applicant is to be aware of relevant provisions of the City's Traffic Bylaw C-1166.
  • More details available on the Permit Request Form. 
  • Your permit request can include more than one service, such as barricade and excavation.  If you are excavating, please refer to Excavation Request details.
  • No fee required.


Download fillable Application located in left column of this page under "Document Download".

If you need assistance with making a digital signature, please click here.

City Service Centre
9505-112 Street
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6H8

Phone: 780-538-0417

Department: Engineering Services
Category: Roadways and Vehicular Access