Grande Prairie Fire Department
The Grande Prairie Fire Department is a career fire service made up of 68 fire suppression personnel, five fire prevention personnel, three day staff positions, and 16 dispatchers.
GPFD is a well-equipped, innovative fire service that enjoys positive labour relations and strong support from senior Administration and City Council.
The challenge is for career firefighters to provide fire suppression, medical co-response, and specialized rescue services along with the delivery of fire prevention and public education programs.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 Level 2 Certification; including NFPA 472 Awareness and Operations (From IFSAC or ProBoard Approved Institution).
- One of the three following types of medical training (80-hour program); (Note: ACP registration is not required)
- Approved Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Training Course or Proof of Provincial Equivalencies
- Valid Advanced First Aid
- 80-hour MFR program certificate
- Class 3 AND 4 Alberta Driver’s License with Air Brakes (Q) Endorsement or Proof of Provincial Equivalencies
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalency
Employment with the City of Grande Prairie Fire Department offers an extremely challenging and rewarding career. Opportunities throughout the fire service may occur over time and can help to form an ongoing personal development program.
View the Fire Department Recruitment Brochure.