Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the GIS spatial and attribute databases. GIS develops new data layers, writes programs to manipulate data, analyzes spatial data, and distributes digital and hard copy output.
Mapping and Graphics Services
GIS is responsible for working with end users in the planning and coordinating, and development of customized map products that focus on municipal management information. The GIS group is the spatial data stewards of the corporate geographic data, drafting standards and requirements.
GIS Data and Records Management
GIS is the digital records management steward for all corporate geographic asset records. These corporate records include hardcopy map production, digital computer aided engineering files, record drawings sizes and formats.
Plotting, Digital and Large Format Printing
GIS provides large format printing and plotting services. We provide engineering size scanning services, permanent corporate mapping retention processes, and online access to our library of corporate records.
User Support, Education and Customer Service
GIS provides a service desk support function and educational programs for users. Users can sign up for scheduled training, drop-in, phone, email or request custom training on GIS applications. GIS also provides distribution of geographic data services to the organization and its customers for operational and capital projects.
ITS provides an “umbrella” of IT Services to all the City departments. We are a strategic partner, a business process consultant, and a technical expert.
- Strategy & Governance
- Develops strategic initiatives
- Builds collaborative partnerships with internal, regional and municipal partners
- Ensures the City is getting value from information technology and suitable investments are being made to enable success
- Infrastructure & Connectivity
- Responsible for all hardware, software and processes that provides the communication path and services between users, processes, applications, services and external networks/the internet
- Protects sensitive and mission critical data from unauthorized access
- Develops and maintains the corporate enterprise network architecture
- Business Solutions
- Provides leadership and expertise in the provision of computer systems for the City of Grande Prairie, including:
- Business transformation processes
- Project management skills
- System implementation services
- Ongoing support and maintenance
- Develops and maintains the corporate application architecture
- Client Services
- Interfaces with users daily, prioritizing incidents and service requests
- Responsible for the procurement and support of desktop hardware and software
- Provides advice and consulting to help users assess needs and requirements