Submit your application to join YAC for the upcoming term! Applications are due by October 15th each year.
- Term: 1 year
- Time Commitment: 4 to 8 hours per month with opportunities to attend events, go on tours, attend meetings, or work on a special project
- Members: YAC consists of up to 15 members per term
- Qualifications: Youth between the ages of 14 to 24, living, working, or attending school in Grande Prairie
- Cost to Join: Free!
- Be an Advocate! Promote youth initiatives, keep City Council informed, attend local events, create social media posts, promote YAC within your school, and more!
- Boost your resume! Acquire great new employable skills, and gain leadership experience with an established City of Grande Prairie committee
- Access training! Receive orientation training plus ongoing mentorship and support from a Community Development Coordinator
- Gain Experience! Coordinate a community-wide youth event during Youth Week, plan and attend special events
- Connect to your City! Experience and explore Grande Prairie, advise on issues, learn about governance, influence policy, and shape the future of Grande Prairie