Who to Vote for
City of Grande Prairie residents head to the polls in October to vote for:
- 1 Mayor
- Up to 8 Councillors
- Up to 7 Public School Board Trustee
- Up to 5 Separate School Board Trustees - Ward 1
Here is a current list of candidates.
When and Where to Vote
- Friday, October 8, 2021
- Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Friday, October 15, 2021
- Saturday, October 16, 2021
Time: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day
- Teresa Sargent Hall in the Montrose Cultural Centre (9839-103 Avenue)
Date: Monday, October 18, 2021
Time: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Locations: Voting locations for Election Day have changed!
- View the interactive voting station map to find your voting station based on your neighbourhood location.
- Or download a list of all the voting stations.
Who Can Vote and What to Bring
In order to vote you must be:
- at least 18 years old,
- a Canadian citizen, and
- a resident of the City of Grande Prairie on Election Day.
To determine if you are a City of Grande Prairie resident please review, Section 48 - Rules of Residence of the Local Authorities Election Act.
You must provide one piece of Acceptable Identification that contains your name and current residential address to vote. Examples of Authorized Identification include:
- Alberta driver’s licence
- Alberta identification card
- Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque
- Income/property tax assessment notice
- Insurance policy or coverage card
- Statement of government benefits (such as employment insurance, old-age security or social assistance)
For a complete list of acceptable ID click here.