Candidates for the Office of Councillor
Eligible Candidates - Qualifications
To become a candidate, you must be:
- at least 18 years of age
- a Canadian citizen
- a resident of the City of Grande Prairie since March 19, 2022
Nomination Submission Requirements:
Each candidate must submit the following in-person to the Returning Officer by September 19, 2022, at 12 noon:
A completed Nomination Paper (Form 4) must be:
- printed on legal size paper 8.5 inches x 14 inches
- signed by a minimum of 25 eligible electors to vote in the Election and that reside in the City of Grande Prairie on the date of signing the Nomination Paper;
- sworn (or affirm) the candidate’s acceptance on the Nomination Paper in the presence of the Returning Officer, a Commissioner for Oaths or Notary Public in and for Alberta; and
- accompanied by a deposit of one hundred dollars ($100.00). This deposit is payable by cash (no debit), certified cheque, or money order made payable to the “City of Grande Prairie”.
A completed Candidate Financial Information (Form 5) - Financial Institution Information.
To learn more, view the Candidate Information Package for Councillors.